Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The Georgetown University Division of Student Affairs has detailed a powerful commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. As partners in the Division, and consistent with our Mission and Philosophy the Office of Student Conduct affirms our shared commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our Georgetown community.
In the service of this commitment, we strive to:
- Treat all students, regardless of their role in student conduct processes, with respect and an ethic of Cura Personalis;
- Maintain policies and procedures that are transparent and accessible;
- Invite feedback and proactively engage in inclusive processes with our community when creating and updating policies and procedures;
- Ensure fair and unbiased processes to adjudicate and resolve violations of the Code of Student Conduct;
- Challenge students to reflect, through meaningful and educational engagement, on how their behaviors impact others in our community, including those with different perspectives, identities, and backgrounds;
- Recruit and select hearing board members who reflect the diverse identities, perspectives, and lived experiences of our community;
- Engage in ongoing professional development related to unconscious bias and enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.